Bridgeland Amenities and Recreation
Just in Bridgeland alone, there are all kinds of activity centers, pools, splash pads, parks, trails and recreation centers to choose from. Bridgeland even has parks just for your four-legged friends.
Bridgeland has two main activity centers: Lakeland Activity Center and Dragonfly Park. Right next to Lake Bridgeland, Lakeland Activity Center has six acres of fun.
Here are some of the amenities and activities you can find at Lakeland Activity Center:
- Community center with kitchen, fitness center, classrooms and reception areas.
- Full-time activities director who plans exciting things to do all year long.
- Swimming area with a junior Olympic-size pool, diving well, gradual-depth play pool and pool volleyball nets.
- Two 30-foot water slides and spray park with spraying toys, fountains and other fun water sculptures.
- Splash pad for younger children with small slides and fountains.
- Tennis courts, large playground and picnic tables.
- Paddle Boats to use in Lake Bridgeland.
At the 25-acre Dragonfly Park, in Parkland Village, you can find:
- Activity center with fitness area, flex rooms, reception area and lawn for events.
- Playground, tennis courts, play field and dog parks.
- Kayak launch to use in the adjacent lake.
- Swimming complex with fitness lawn and pool
- Treehouse spray park, beach entry leisure pool, rope swing pool and lazy river.
- Trails for hiking and biking.
Take a look at all of the additional parks in Bridgeland and what they have to offer:
- Oak Meadow Park: 30-acre park with picnic areas, floating dock for catch and release fishing, pavilion and 18-hole disc golf.
- Shores Park: four-acre park with an open play area, pavilion and walking trail with beautiful wildflowers.
- Josey Lake Park: 140-acre park with kayaking and paddle-boating to use on a three-mile loop. It also has a splash pad, small zip line, adventure playground and hammock park all for kids. For nature lovers, the park has a birding tower with stationary binoculars, sky bridge and walking trail.
- Festival Park: three-acre park with pavilion and lawn for movies as well as a fireplace with seating area.
- Water Haven Park: three-acre park with a sprayground ,water tower, pavilion, picnic areas and barbecue grills.
- Treehouse Park: one of the most well-known parks in Bridgeland. It has a two-story treehouse that sits amongst 100 year old oaks, tree sculptures playground, wooden boardwalk across a ravine, wooded picnic areas and bird watching spots.
- Parkland Common: one-mile trail system for leisure and transportation purposes. It is complete with five circuit training spots, two small parks with a vertical climbing wall, butterfly garden, Viking swing and various playing sculptures.
No matter what kind of activities you are looking for, you can find it in Bridgeland!
Lakeland Village Center
Lakeland Village Center is a shopping complex right in the center of Bridgeland. It’s a great area to check out, with plenty of outdoor seating and wonderful businesses. In the Lakeland Village Center you can get your teeth cleaned, get a haircut and have dinner cooked all without leaving your own neighborhood.
Take a look at some of the services you can find at Lakeland Village Center:
- Fitness: F45 Training, Shaka Power Yoga, 9Round Fitness and more.
- Healthcare: Active Life Dentistry, Cypress Ranch Vision, Select Physical Therapy and more.
- Beauty: Great Clips, Nails of America, Exquisite Premier Salon and Spa and more.
- Food: Local Table, Chilosos Taco House, Marble Slab Creamery and more.
- Drinks: L3 Craft Coffee, Bridgeland Fine Wines, Local Bar and more.
Lakeland Village Center is the perfect place to get things done, gather with friends or just hang out.
Bridgeland Local Sports
Within the community of Bridgeland itself there are a few sports teams that residents can join, as well as opportunities to play sports at leisure. The community has many sports teams and clubs:
- Tigers Youth Academy, soccer for children under 18
- Disc Golf Club
- Bridgeland Barracudas Swim Team, for children under 18
- Bridgeland Tennis Academy, children and adult classes
- Canoe & Kayak Club
- And more!
In the area of Cypress there are many sports teams to join or watch. Here are some of the most popular sports complexes in Cypress, Texas:
For those looking to enjoy big league sports, residents can head out to the city of Houston to see all kinds of teams. From the major league teams, such as the Houston Texans or Houston Astros, to plenty of minor league and college teams.
Planned with the environment in mind, the community of Bridgeland has 250 acres of incredible trails to hike and bike on. You can find these trails in Bridgeland:
Cypress Creek Nature Trail: best for checking out the local flora and fauna, this 2.5 mile, eventually 6 mile, trail includes observation areas, benches and educational signs. There are three trails along the main trail including The Wood Trail, The Prairie Trail and The Lake Trail. It also includes trails for mountain biking. The trailhead is located at Oak Meadow Park.
Community Trails: all neighborhoods have trail systems for walking, biking and transportation. Many parents walk their children to school on these trails and residents also use them to access activity centers, parks, retail and more.
House Hahl Trail: this two trail offers an excellent spot for running, biking and walking. It features fitness stations and beautiful, tall trees for enjoyment.
Bridgeland also has a variety of shorter walking trails located at almost every park in the community.
Bridgeland Water Sports
If you are a lover of water sports, Bridgeland is the place for you. With so many lakeside parks, there are many opportunities to experience the water. There are three large lakes at Bridgeland: Josey Lake, Bridgeland Lake and Cypress Lake. Each has opportunities for all kinds of water exploration.
At Oak Meadow Park, residents can participate in catch and release fishing. The lake contains spotted bass, catfish and many other kinds of fish. At Josey Lake Park, Lakeland Activity Center and Dragonfly Park residents can canoe, kayak and paddle boat along the waterways. Residents can also use the pools for swimming, volleyball, water polo and other fun water sports.
Located in the community of Bridgeland at Lakeland Village Center, head to Local Table or Chilosos Taco House for delicious food and a casual atmosphere. Once dinner is finished, make your way to Local Bar or Bridgeland Fine Wines for a drink. Lastly, top the night off with Le Macaron for incredible French desserts or Marble Slab Creamery for ice cream.
Outside of Bridgeland in Cypress, there are many excellent restaurants to choose from. According to the Houston Chronicle, here are some of the best restaurants in the Cypress Fairfield area:
- Galiana’s Bakery and Café
- Hawi Hawaiian BBQ Express
- Murdoch’s Backyard Pub
- Slurping Noodles
- Cypress Breakfast House
- The Cheese Bar
- Sam’s Seafood and Steak
- Aguirre’s Tex Mex
- King Crawfish & Noodles
- Ginza Japanese Restaurant
All of these restaurants are loved by Cypress residents and food critics alike. From burgers and hot dogs to sushi and tacos, there is something for everyone in the area.
At the heart of Bridgeland is the act of gathering. All of the public spaces in the community have been designed to encourage residents to meet new people and explore new things. The community of Bridgeland is home to many clubs for residents to take part in and enjoy. Here are some of the clubs that residents in Bridgeland host:
- Camera Club
- Canoe and Kayak Club
- Disc Golf Club
- Mommy & Me
- Arts Group
- Garden Club
- Empty Nesters
- Mountain Bike Club
These groups plan and do all kinds of activities together. Whether you are interested in one thing or you want to try them all, the clubs at Bridgeland are an excellent way to meet new people and have some fun.
In addition to clubs, residents can attend any of the many events that the community hosts:
- Nature Fest
- Farmers Market
- Christmas in the Park
- Community Fun Run
- Concerts and Movies
- And more!
There are also classes that residents can sign up for. The most popular classes are cooking, sewing and furniture painting. Most of these take place at one of the two activity centers in Bridgeland. Residents can find out what kinds of activities, classes and events are scheduled by checking the Bridgeland Life website.
There are no hotels in Bridgeland itself, however there are many in Cypress and Fairfield that are very close to Bridgeland.
Here are a few hotels that are nearby:
- Tru by Hilton Cypress Houston
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Waller
- Courtyard by Marriott Houston Northwest/Cypress
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston NW at Beltway 8
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houston Cypress
From low rates to luxury hotels, there are many options for staying in the area. If you are willing to venture farther, the downtown Houston area also has incredible hotels that are close to attractions.